Picked Up Some Pond Animals Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Went to Tractor Supply in Warsaw this morning and got some new stuff for the turtle pond.12 Catfish,12 Crayfish,13 Snails,30 Flat head minnows, and a few Crappies all for $20. I wish they did this all the time. Len

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Awesome! The only live thing our Tractor Supply ever has is baby chicks! Sounds like you have a pretty cool pond. Can you post some pictures? Please?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
All for only $20? Wow! Ours only has fish for pond stocking once a year, but you have to get a large number of them. I would have loved to have been able to find snails like that especially.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
??Len?? said:
Went to Tractor Supply in Warsaw this morning and got some new stuff for the turtle pond.12 Catfish,12 Crayfish,13 Snails,30 Flat head minnows, and a few Crappies all for $20. I wish they did this all the time.

...and a partridge in a pear tree:p

What?!? No snapping turtles?:tort:

Len B

10 Year Member!
I am re-doing the pond and it is pretty much empty, all that I have in it are four hides so far. I have a pic from last year and 2 that I just took,It is only about 13x9 feet with a shallow ledge around the outside edge in case a non-swimming tortoise gets in, it can get out easier.I am going to put potted plants on top of the hides,and some on the shallow ledge, no more free growing in the pond it was a pain to get them out.It was pond stocking day with no minimum, it was a hatchery from Inwood WV. Yes I still have the 2 snapping turtles that I tried to give away they will be back in this week.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Edna said:
That was one wild tangle of a pond! Do you have to cover the pond?

I cover the whole enclosure in the fall until it warms back up in the spring, on warm days I can roll the cover back and roll it back at night.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DeanS said:
??Len?? said:
Went to Tractor Supply in Warsaw this morning and got some new stuff for the turtle pond.12 Catfish,12 Crayfish,13 Snails,30 Flat head minnows, and a few Crappies all for $20. I wish they did this all the time.

...and a partridge in a pear tree:p

What?!? No snapping turtles?:tort:

He already has snapping turtles. :D

:rolleyes: :shy: I really liked the "wild" look it had before. :p Am sure it will be neat (in many ways :D) when you finish. :p :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, I was real sorry that I planted that water iris in the ground too. It was a heck of a job to dig it all out. The tubers went WAY down into the ground. And the plant took up over half the pond surface. I planted it again but now that I know about it, I'll keep it under control.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
So google has canoe directions as well? interesting, very interesting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.