Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
here is a pic of perfect opportunity. a beautiful day on the lake, watching BIG fish slapping the surface of the water.. watching the eagle circle, and circle and dip and (click the button on the camera, follow the action... and snap). motion artifact but you can tell its a bald eagle with a BIG flathead catfish in its talons. darn, drat, and a lot of words I don't want to write here. Kind of a neat pic tho, in an artsy-fartsy kind of way..

baldeagle.jpg

i snapped the button as the eagle hit the water. you can see the sparkly trail to the left and estimate the time for the camera to think about things. I took another pic of a bald eagle with my pentax 50mm camera (telephoto) that came out nicer (sorry, don't have access here at work) but could have used a better telephoto..

all I can say is that it is perseverence, luck, and knowing your camera. I'm still learning about mine. taking a long time tho...

teri

That is so true! It drives me nervous, because then the good shot is gone. Ask me about it...try to take a picture of Bob who is trying to get close and bite the camera. grrr! So I am on my butt scurrying to back away and he is coming on in attack mode... The jerk...
[/quote]

Oh Maggie, I can see it in my minds eye and am Lmao. Once RV realizes the camera isn't something to eat (and she does check it out) she loses interest and so becomes a better subject.

teri

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
sharkstar said:
here is a pic of perfect opportunity. a beautiful day on the lake, watching BIG fish slapping the surface of the water.. watching the eagle circle, and circle and dip and (click the button on the camera, follow the action... and snap). motion artifact but you can tell its a bald eagle with a BIG flathead catfish in its talons. darn, drat, and a lot of words I don't want to write here. Kind of a neat pic tho, in an artsy-fartsy kind of way..

baldeagle.jpg

i snapped the button as the eagle hit the water. you can see the sparkly trail to the left and estimate the time for the camera to think about things. I took another pic of a bald eagle with my pentax 50mm camera (telephoto) that came out nicer (sorry, don't have access here at work) but could have used a better telephoto..

all I can say is that it is perseverence, luck, and knowing your camera. I'm still learning about mine. taking a long time tho...

teri

That is so true! It drives me nervous, because then the good shot is gone. Ask me about it...try to take a picture of Bob who is trying to get close and bite the camera. grrr! So I am on my butt scurrying to back away and he is coming on in attack mode... The jerk...

Oh Maggie, I can see it in my minds eye and am Lmao. Once RV realizes the camera isn't something to eat (and she does check it out) she loses interest and so becomes a better subject.

teri

[/quote]

You bird photographers...if you want to get a crystal clear (or close to it) shot of an eagle or osprey fishing try to follow the bird as it circles keep following it and snap gently when it hits...same principle as photographing a car race...follow your subject.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Without spending alot of casn, is there any photo software that any of you would recommend using. I have the Nikon software that came with our camera, but I have heard photoshop was good. Any thoughts?

Redfoot NERD said:
Keep the light behind you [ in most cases ].. the 3rd's is good [ you can crop later ].. steady the camera.. be patient [ shoot until the pic comes to you ].. what all have said so far!

Get to know the settings of your camera - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp

a1MALEKeProfile.jpg

BABYface.jpg

DSC088812.jpg

1H2.jpg

BaskingFACE.jpg

Cheap ole "point & shoot" [ I know it shows ] - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dsch20.asp

Did you use any software to enhance those photos?

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
DeanS said:
And what a lovely subject Esmerelda is! For the record...she was one of my nine votes for the calendar...GREAT shot...posed or not!

Well as we're sharing, just for the record Aladar was one of my nine too! :) Took me bloody ages to get that calendar shot, she kept moving too fast!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
onarock said:
Without spending alot of casn, is there any photo software that any of you would recommend using. I have the Nikon software that came with our camera, but I have heard photoshop was good. Any thoughts?

Redfoot NERD said:
Keep the light behind you [ in most cases ].. the 3rd's is good [ you can crop later ].. steady the camera.. be patient [ shoot until the pic comes to you ].. what all have said so far!

Get to know the settings of your camera - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp

a1MALEKeProfile.jpg

BABYface.jpg

DSC088812.jpg

1H2.jpg

BaskingFACE.jpg

Cheap ole "point & shoot" [ I know it shows ] - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dsch20.asp

Did you use any software to enhance those photos?

Wash out your mouth rock! :cool: And you dare use that language on a 'family' forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Why would anyone ever even consider the possibility of maybe "enhancing" their pic?????????????????????????????????... to make their tortoise/turtle look better?

I 'crop' them.. that's it. The camera settings should show the real deal! I have been accused in the past of using 'software' of some sort. The closest I'll come is the "vivid" colors setting.. which is in the camera. These are the actual colors of these hatchlings' -

A207.jpg

Taken with a Sony "point & shoot" - 7mp with 2cm Macro setting...

'Happy Halloween'?

1BlackOrange.jpg

Not the best pic.. inside.. low light.. love this face - [ Sony H20 - 10mp.. zoomed from a foot away ] -

MarbleFACE.jpg

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Sorry "Nerd", I guess I'll just go repremend my self to the corner of the room with all the other point and shoot "Donkys". Ha!
Just joking. I love the pics and all the good advice floating around on this thread
Aloha Nui Loa
Kanaka Maoli

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
YEAH 'rock... I'm always giving Chewbecca grief about her high dollar camera that she paid more for one lens than I paid for my camera and 2 batteries - that takes decent Macro pics... and can zoom during a video, which hers doesn't; then again hers can take "hair-splitting " Macro pics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBYXnWqCnt0

Lets see those Platys of your(?) .... please?

NERD

Status
Not open for further replies.