Hi from Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettegirl

5 Year Member
Hi everyone....My name is Linda and my new little buddy is Pete a RedFoot. He came to live with me about a month ago. He (I think he is a he..LOL) was bought at a pet store and was kept in a large hex aquarium with about 5 or 6 others. It was so dry and crowded in there I had to bring him home. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and thats all it took. Of course I had no idea what I was getting into with a tortoise so that is how I ended up here. Thank you for letting me join your group!!

Linda K.

DSC_0022.jpg

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Welcome! A lot of us here have done exactly what you did at one time or another. My first came from petsmart. She was in a little 40 gallon tank with russians. I watched her for forever and she never ever sold. When I started talking to the workers they ended up cutting me a deal where she was about half off. She came with worms (not a surprise) and pretty bad pitting/scarring from having had untreated shell rot for so long. It's hard to say no to an animal that you can just tell is suffering with how its being kept.

You should post pictures of your enclosure in the enclosure section. It looks like you put a bunch of live plants in there :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Linda:

Welcome to the forum!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I love Iowa. Spent some time there on a job. Glad you found us. Do you drive a Corvette?

vettegirl

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now so figured now was as good as any to join in.

Linda

Yes, Tom, I do drive a Corvette during the 3 months that its not snowing here.....LOL

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Hi Linda and Pete--welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing the photo. Cute tort. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Howdy! Nice to have you here. Looks like Pete is enjoying his new home.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Nice looking tortoise and habitat!

So, what part of Iowa? I'm in Omaha NE

Status
Not open for further replies.