Percival

Status
Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
ok so at the end of last summer, 2008 he was 9" and weighed less than 5 lbs. http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-4311.html

1134.jpg

The beginning of this summer he weighed 5+lbs but was only 10"

1136.jpg

Now he weighs 10lbs and is a full if not more 12"

100_6403-1.jpg

Yay Percy!!!

And the boy loves to poop all over my kitchen floor (he is inside because it is snowing out and in Louisiana that means we hunker down like a nuclear war is upon us and the pets come in).

100_6408.jpg

I just love him... :) I gave him a special treat a month ago, and he was a good boy - he only ate half of what you see there. He saved the rest for later. :)

100_6019.jpg

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
RE: Janie and Percival

That's great! He sure looks like one special guy with a great caregiver.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal

His new shell growth looks great! He's obviously well loved.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington

Thanks for sharing the photos. Sounds like things are going well!

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
thanks guys! I am updating his progress on here to share and to help me keep track :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
He is a picture of good health and a happy disposition! I am glad he will be on my calendar soon.:D

Poor Josh has been out of sight for awhile, must be close to completing that huge project we are all looking forward to posting on our walls!!:p

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
He is getting so big! Howevery I do not envy the pooper scooping you must be stuck doing...
When ever I starting wishing we had room for a larger tort, I think of the size of the poop and have "I love my Russian, I love my Russian!!!" running through my head!!!LOL

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I love the 2nd pix where everyone else is relaxing and Percy is busy eating and growing. :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow, three inches and 5lbs. in one year that's pretty fast growing. I love your dog it is so cute. I guess they must get along pretty well. Very nice looking Sulcata he looks very happy with his strawberries.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
Thanks guys for the comments! And yes, Percy poops with vengeance. He doesn't poop inside unless I feed him inside. But when people come over and he is inside (when it gets too cold out in his enclosure, I bring him in) they can't help but want to feed him so I let them. Then he starts his walk and his poop. He walks around the table and poops here and there. If I dare pick it up he will poop some more. It's like his comfort - to have his poop. BUT IT STINKS! :(

And yes we have three dogs, but they are all pretty old so they basically sit or lay down while Percy walks around them and eats (we have a huge yard). And the dogs don't stay outside much so Percy has free rein of the backyard which is probably why he has grown so much!

I love my Percy! Some one told me he wasn't cute anymore, and I was so surprised they thought this. I guess my little Beefcake has grown up :(

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Great pictures Janie! Thanks for sharing. I think he is SUPER CUTE! I really like your dog two. Is that Banana tree growing in your yard? Do you cover it when it snows? I would love to grow a Banana tree but I'm sure it would die hear.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
That 2nd picture needs to be entered into a photo contest.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
He is adorable!!! Whoever told you he is no longer cute is CRAZY!!
Thanks for sharing the pics! He is obviously well-loved and spoiled :)

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Janie...He definitely is very cute. Don't listen to those who have no taste. Love the strawberry pic
Patsy

I

Italianlnm

I could have sworn I saw that poop picture in another thread! But he is looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.