Penelope says hello!

Kay8605

Location (City and/or State)
West Coast of Florida
Hello everyone!

My husband and I adopted a Sulcata almost two months ago from an animal shelter. I'm not sure how old she is, nor am I certain that she is a "she" except that her plastron is completely flat. I weighed her about one month ago and she was 6lbs.

One of her strongest selling points was that she only has one eye ;):tort:!!! No one knew what the story was on how/why she lost it.
The most info I was able to obtain was that she was surrendered to a veterinary hospital who then contacted a small not for profit animal shelter.
She seems completely healthy, hearty appetite and loves to graze our backyard.

I currently have an enclosure for her with shade and shelter. I am keeping her outside and she seems to have adapted to this really well, assuming she was kept indoors prior to coming to live with us.

Here are a few photos I have taken of her: image.jpg
Her adoption glamour shot

image.jpg
She's winking at you!!

image.jpg
Relaxing after a long romp

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hello everyone!

My husband and I adopted a Sulcata almost two months ago from an animal shelter. I'm not sure how old she is, nor am I certain that she is a "she" except that her plastron is completely flat. I weighed her about one month ago and she was 6lbs.

One of her strongest selling points was that she only has one eye ;):tort:!!! No one knew what the story was on how/why she lost it.
The most info I was able to obtain was that she was surrendered to a veterinary hospital who then contacted a small not for profit animal shelter.
She seems completely healthy, hearty appetite and loves to graze our backyard.

I currently have an enclosure for her with shade and shelter. I am keeping her outside and she seems to have adapted to this really well, assuming she was kept indoors prior to coming to live with us.

Here are a few photos I have taken of her: View attachment 127764
Her adoption glamour shot

View attachment 127765
She's winking at you!!

View attachment 127766
Relaxing after a long romp

Perfect....