pellets

chubu

Location (City and/or State)
oman
hello, i was wondering how may pallets do i give my tortoise? i was told to give them 6 but other places i see owners giving them handful of them.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
Pellets are good as a supplement, not as a main dish. So a varied diet and some pellets once or twice a week is usually fine.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
hello, i was wondering how may pallets do i give my tortoise? i was told to give them 6 but other places i see owners giving them handful of them.
Your tortoise has no need of pallets, unless you are using them for a shade structure of some sort.

I'm just kidding with you, but the word you are looking for is "pellet". How many to give depends on what type of pellet you are using, what species and size your tortoise is, and what else you are feeding. There are many ays to do it successfully.

So... What type of pellets are we talking about?
What species of tortoise do you have?
What size is your tortoise?
What else are you feeding the tortoise?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I judged mine on my tortoise. If hatchlings, I would feed 2-3 pellets soaked 2-3 times a week mixed with greens. If they would have only wanted to eat the pellets, I would only feed one once a week. I didn't have that problem.
As adults I feed it usually twice sometimes 3 times a week. Once a week only pellets. The rest of the time along with greens.
In summer when they can graze outside they get it maybe once a month.