Patience is not ONLY waiting for "incubation"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
They were buzzing around so I thot I'd get a video - I mean I set-up a fan and everything [ it was hot in our covered deck ] because it could take awhile. Patience waiting for eggs to hatch just takes time.. you don't have to do anything but wait. Filming these dudes takes "split-second" timing and they spook real easy! I was only about 10' away - too visible.

So I sat there and got hot and 'burned-up' my camera battery because I had to stay focused and ready to push the RECORD button when he showed up. In fact it would have been a longer video but he spooked when I reached up to zoom-in closer!

It looked like this before I zoomed-in - [ see the stupid squirrel tricks in the background.. tearing up the suet? More on them later ] -

abothhummerfeeders.jpg

Then I sat there looking at this for quite awhile -

ahummerfeeder.jpg

Again I had to leave the camera on.. and even still when they made their "approach" ( 3-4 times ) they spooked because they saw me move to push the RECORD button.

But finally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j7cpjkTP8

Hope you enjoyed that 26 seconds....... they are quick!

NERD

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love seeing them, even if only a brief glance. Glad you took the time to capture this beauty.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
i watched that one and two more on a hatching tortoise and one on your diamondbacks eating. Nice man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.