Pasture enclosure pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
There are also a few pics of the new tort I just got from a rescue. Severe Pyramiding... but so far she is adjusting well.
In the stall area, we used the bottom half of a dog house turned upside down with a stanfield heat pad under it. There is a heat lamp that I might use when it gets colder so they can venture out of the heated house and still not be too chilled.
We used 2x4 greenboard for the bottom board slightly buried and two levels of 1x12 boards for the walls. Its an outdoor area of about 100x60, with a covered area near the barn and the stall where the heat is. Im sure we will be making adjustments along the way and possibly even expanding!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0BauHLFw5YsXyQ

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a lucky tort to get adopted by you!! So great to see all the roaming space he/she will have to enjoy!! :):)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
In case anyone knows of any large sulcatas needing a new home.. I have the place!!! Sunny calif.. heated winter stall..

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
that is soo nice of you to give the tortoise a new home! The enclosure looks great, lucky tort!!! :)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great place for a tort to live!

M

Maggie Cummings

It breaks my heart to see tortoises look like that. You know it didn't happen over night and what kind of selfish stupid people are they to just let this happen. Laura, I am pleased that you are taking this one, his eyes don't look right either, maybe that's just a dehydration problem. A lot of times with severe pyramiding MBD and organ failure are a part of it...keep us posted with this guy. I know of another tortoise who looks just like this guy and he is still alive and thriving...
What is his name?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
She? Is actually doing very well. I have had her over a year now. I should take new pics and compare with these old ones to see how the growth is going.
I call her Dixie. She loves to eat. loves to bask, and cruise, does swim strokes in her water and she grazes. Doing well, but I wonder about the long term effects or organ issues. I had no intentions of taking such rescues when i started the want of them.. but how could i refuse? My second rescue was not as bad, but not great either.. then there were to two large ones.. one great, the other not so.. but they love thier lives now!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hopefully this will bring the 'top' so person asking for sulcata pics can see.. cuting and pasting shutterfly links dont work.. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.