Owner has passed away

Cruz

Location (City and/or State)
Twentynine Palms, Calif
Currently have eight adult tortoises, three are female. The were kept as pets and have been breeding for a number of years. I am hoping to find a home for one or all. I had been assisting in the feeding and care but the drive time and food maintenance is not something I want to do long term.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I need you to be clear - you want to adopt them out with no money exchanging hands, right? If so, I'll move your thread to our Adoption section. Also, it would help if you post pictures of them and say what city you're in

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Something is strange on this thread. We started with cruz, who has 8 adults in CA. Now we have Little Big Foot, who has 2 sulcatas in MO. Do we have 2 threads in one?
Yes we did, but I moved Little Big Foot to adoption.
Still waiting on the answer from the OP of this thread

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Something is strange on this thread. We started with cruz, who has 8 adults in CA. Now we have Little Big Foot, who has 2 sulcatas in MO. Do we have 2 threads in one?
I think what happened was Little Big Foot hijacked Cruz's thread, then Wellington moved Little Big Foot's post to Adoptions. Little Big Foot had 'replied' to my query to cruz about if he wants money for his tortoises, so my post was included in Little Big Foot's post. I have since deleted my portion of it. It should be understandable now, hopefully.

Mr. Tortugas mum

Lancaster California
Currently have eight adult tortoises, three are female. The were kept as pets and have been breeding for a number of years. I am hoping to find a home for one or all. I had been assisting in the feeding and care but the drive time and food maintenance is not something I want to do long term.

Cruz

Twentynine Palms, Calif
Here they are.

Attachments

• 20220405_072342.jpg
    20220405_072342.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220907_073830.jpg
    20220907_073830.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220825_072454.jpg
    20220825_072454.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Ok thanks. I would definitely recommend contacting your closest California Turtle & Tortoise Club to see if they have any recommendations. Not going to lie, LARGE adult sulcatas are really hard to find homes for.

Can you provide more details on each of them (age, size, sex)? You may have luck finding someone who is looking to build out a creep and needs either a male or a female or two. Looks like you have a few small ones that are more moveable.

But honestly, its kind of like saying "does anyone want to take a stable full of horses, except more destructive and with fewer people knowing how to care for them".

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Your in Palm Springs? I’m in Lancaster
Question those with experience with Sulcate is it better in pairs or are they okay alone ? I may be able to take a baby
Never pairs. They should never be kept in pairs.

Here is some info that might help: