Sulcata Available for Adoption (why buy?)

Shultzsm

Location (City and/or State)
FL
I have acquired a tortoise from my son’s family. In concern for the tortoise’s future, I’d like to find someone that could provide a forever home. I do want assurance that whoever adopts her understands the long term commitment/requirements needed to care for a Sulcata. I’m willing to drive anywhere in Florida to deliver.

2.5 years old
Female
12/28/2020 - 13.216 lbs.; 15” (carapace length)

Current habitat and care:
  • Outdoor enclosure w/ heating
  • Large grass area for grazing
  • Follow Tortoise Table for supplemental feeding
  • Also, Mazuri and Zoo Med pellets

Katie11

Baker fl
I have acquired a tortoise from my son’s family. In concern for the tortoise’s future, I’d like to find someone that could provide a forever home. I do want assurance that whoever adopts her understands the long term commitment/requirements needed to care for a Sulcata. I’m willing to drive anywhere in Florida to deliver.

2.5 years old
Female
12/28/2020 - 13.216 lbs.; 15” (carapace length)

Current habitat and care:
  • Outdoor enclosure w/ heating
  • Large grass area for grazing
  • Follow Tortoise Table for supplemental feeding
  • Also, Mazuri and Zoo Med pellets
Have you found a home for her yet..I'm in northwest fl.

escurnow

5 Year Member
South Texas
Hi- I would be happy to help give your sulcata a home. I'm in Tx and have experience with the breed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Two and a half isn't big enough yet to know the sex.

Shultzsm

FL
Thanks for your response, but I am limiting the choice of adopter to someone in Florida. I already have a person that is expanding their enclosure area to care for an additional tortoise.

escurnow

5 Year Member
South Texas
Thanks for your response, but I am limiting the choice of adopter to someone in Florida. I already have a person that is expanding their enclosure area to care for an additional tortoise.
That's fantastic! So happy for you and the tort! :)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You are correct. My apologies for getting it wrong with a quick reply, while trying to offer help. Thank you for the correction.
Oh don't throw the you were only trying to help. I was simply correcting you, it's no big deal, you simply fell into one of my biggest irritations. Most people wouldn't say anything, but I do. So get over it.

escurnow

5 Year Member
South Texas
Oh don't throw the you were only trying to help. I was simply correcting you, it's no big deal, you simply fell into one of my biggest irritations. Most people wouldn't say anything, but I do. So get over it.
Again, thanks for the correction. Always a delight to be taught by such a gracious teacher.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Dogs come in breeds, tortoises have different species

The phrase "experience with the breed" is a southern regionalism that is synonymous with "I know the type".

Colloquialism is an entirely separate animal from taxonomy.