Outside of Franklin T. House

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach SC
Finally as promised here is the outside of Franklin T. tubberware box home. We took the plain box and cut in a window for natural lighting and air flow. Plus we added shutters (in case he joins a H.O.A.) and last but not least his door. This is still work in progress.

Attachments

• tubbox.pdf
    107.3 KB · Views: 131

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh wow! I like it. I want to see the inside.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Thanks for all the postive feed back. I really have not done anything to the inside yet. He has his sleep box and a pile of hay inside. Soon we will insulating the walls and hang the plywood.
I am so happy to have found the Tortoise Forum because he would have probably end up living in the garage. Now he has his own bachlor pad, providing he a boy.

C

Claireabbo

i love all your posts! they keep you updated and informed and you have very good and creative ideas! it looks great! :D

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Claireabbo said:
i love all your posts! they keep you updated and informed and you have very good and creative ideas! it looks great! :D
Thanks sometimes I worry that I write to much. Just like my mouth I can't keep it shut either.
Thanks

C

Claireabbo

FranklinTturtle said:
Claireabbo said:
Thanks sometimes I worry that I write to much. Just like my mouth I can't keep it shut either.
Thanks

haha i tend to write alot too... and also about some unecessary things. but stuff that i get worried about but really shouldnt be... hehe but i love how you keep everyone updated! :D it makes it wayyy more interesting! :D

mel262011

5 Year Member
Robertsdale, AL
Claireabbo said:
FranklinTturtle said:
Claireabbo said:
Thanks

haha i tend to write alot too... and also about some unecessary things. but stuff that i get worried about but really shouldnt be... hehe but i love how you keep everyone updated! :D it makes it wayyy more interesting! :D

I write alot, too. But it is only because I don't know as much as everybodyelse on here and I like to get their input.

Also, I love the set up for your tort :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like the outside of it. For your neighbors, it gives the look of something clean and suitable for the neighborhood. While for the tortoise it looks usable with his little door and ramp. Are you doing to put any thing over the doorway? By that I mean like the plastic strips. Looking forward to seeing what you do inside.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Jacqui said:
I like the outside of it. For your neighbors, it gives the look of something clean and suitable for the neighborhood. While for the tortoise it looks usable with his little door and ramp. Are you doing to put any thing over the doorway? By that I mean like the plastic strips. Looking forward to seeing what you do inside.
Hey Jacqui
I am glad you like the outside. That means alot to me. I do want to put of some plastic strips over the door before I start to heat it. I am just not sure where to purchase it from.
Thanks

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
FranklinTturtle said:
Jacqui said:
Hey Jacqui
I am glad you like the outside. That means alot to me. I do want to put of some plastic strips over the door before I start to heat it. I am just not sure where to purchase it from.
Thanks

If you go to a hardware store like ACE, you can get 'clear carpet runner', by the foot, it is on a big roll. Then cut 1-2 inches larger than the door, cut slits most of the way up from the bottom, and tack onto the upper edge of the opening. I put one on the inside and the outside, torts went right in, and it was more insulation.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
lynnedit said:
FranklinTturtle said:
Jacqui said:
Hey Jacqui
Thanks

If you go to a hardware store like ACE, you can get 'clear carpet runner', by the foot, it is on a big roll. Then cut 1-2 inches larger than the door, cut slits most of the way up from the bottom, and tack onto the upper edge of the opening. I put one on the inside and the outside, torts went right in, and it was more insulation.
Thanks I will check that out. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.