Outdoor Housing in the PNW?

RebeccaWolf97

Snapchat-815171087208940274.jpg Hey everyone, new here.

So I live in Salem/Portland, Oregon area, and it rains. All winter. Our buddy Cooper is about 15 inches long, and 13 pounds. We have him in the house right now, but he is too big and smelly and busy for our small house. He was outside all summer during the day, and would come in at night to sleep. But this winter, I'm looking to renovate our back yard shed into a cool home for him. Anyone else in a cold, wet climate, with any tips for keeping my big dinosaur outdoors? Thanks much!

Last edited:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
There are a few people in the PNW and I don't know how you guys do it lol. I would guess maybe a nice size green house could work or help and then a heated hide or shed like you were saying. If the sulcata can get out of the wet and warm up and dry off they are pretty hardy. They just need to be able to sleep and warm up. Tom had made some pretty awsome heat hides for his tortoises you should search the threads for it.

Kyle

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
@maggie3fan lives in Oregon. She has a larger heated shed. It might be a better idea for you than just the smaller night box that Tom and others use in warmer climates.