Outdoor Enclosure work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiselover

5 Year Member
I have been working on this for several months while it is too cold for them to go outside. This setup is for 2 desert tortoises. I used the desert tortoise seed mix i found online and also planted some other types of plants and flowers for them to munch on.

Now on to the pictures:

photo-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

It looks beautiful. I would like to have a yard that looks like that, but an 80 pound Sulcata would ruin it...:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nice outdoor enclosure! And I LOVE the euphorbias in the background!!!

franeich

5 Year Member
Do you get racoons or anything in you area? Are you gonna leave them out all the time?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice job. All you need now are those little tweaks you'll discover after you put them in there.

tortoiselover

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I am finding a few bugs as time goes on. They seem to want to climb the walls and end up flipping. Anyone have any sugestions?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
It looks great!! Lucky torts :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Is that Alyssum with the little white scented flowers? Spring cannot come too soon here! ;)

If you little ones are falling over backward, put medium sized river rocks along the border of your enclosure, about 1 tortoise width from the wall, so they'll have something to brace themselves against and be able to right themselves when they overturn. :rolleyes:

tortoiselover

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
Is that Alyssum with the little white scented flowers?

Yes it is, and thats a good idea with the river rock. going to have to go get some of those.

Laura said:
Be sure to keep the birds out.. netting should work, but what kind of nighttime critters do youhave?

Well I am going to build a top fence sort of thing so that it will keep everything out of it. Also, until last night, I was sure that we didnt have raccoons, but I saw a pack of them last night on my street... Lived at me house for 23 years and never seen any at my house, but I guess they are there.

M

Maggie Cummings

Are you going to bring them in at night? Raccoons are very clever and have hands that they use to cause trouble so my suggestion would be to bring your tortoises in at night now that you have seen predators in your neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.