Outdoor enclosure for winter time (Arizona)

aztortoisemullett

It's almost that time of year! (Although we are still seeing 90* heat out here for the next few weeks)

This is the perfect time of year out here, although it does get pretty cold at night time (40's-50's) should I look into an outdoor heat lamp setup? And are there any lamps that you guys would recommend for out door use?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would take a look at Toms (best night box yet) thread. For the cold nights in AZ I think it would work. He uses it for his cold nights in Cali. The night temps you menit ones are too cold for them.

aztortoisemullett

Definitely gives me some ideas. I'm guessing I'll have to do away with the kiddie pool enclosure for now? Or could I possibly make something work with that.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How old and big is your tortoise? If it's still in a kiddie pool, I'm going to guess its too small to stay outside for winter (cold nights and days) altogether.

aztortoisemullett

10547803_10152268787175994_84359188067228513_o.jpg She's about a year old. And she's a little too small for her current enclosure, but it's probably a better idea if I get a bigger one anyway incase of emergencies.