Outdoor Enclosure almost finished!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I have done a little more work on my outdoor enclosure. The growth has exploded, I've laid down some coco coir, added a hide, and it's just about done! I still have to put the sides up to keep Tico safe from falling. If anyone has tips or see's areas of improvement please let me know!! Inside growth is chia, white clover, marigold, cosmos, dandelion, ice plant, and upland cress.

tico012.jpg

tico013.jpg

tico018.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a very attractive addition to your porch. I love it. Refresh my memory...is this for your new baby leopard? I'm sure he's going to be very happy in there. What are you planning for the sides?

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
That is really pretty, Can't wait to see pics with Tico enjoying it. Well done!

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
That looks great. The only thing I would add would be a water dish, I didn't notice one.

Great job!

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
What's the bottom made of? In the second pic, it looks like it might be mdf or particle board. Did you make sure it was waterproof. You might want to put a drain in the bottom also. It looks like the size is around 4'x4'. Awesome. When it warms up here, I will have to do the same. Nice job.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
It looks beautiful. I was wondering if something is going on top so the birds or cats won't bother your little one?

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Thanks for all the nice comments! Yes, this will be for Tico our new Leopard hatchling. As far as the perimeter of the enclosure I am going to be using a bamboo garden edger that home depot sells, water dish will be a medium sized terra cotta saucer, the interior of the enclosure was lined with a thick tarp so no water damage will be done, and I am planning on making a cover out of PVC and screening for when we want to leave Tico outside. As for now he will only be outside supervised until he gets a little larger and we get the top done. Oh yes, and the size is 4'x4', should be a nice little romping pad for Tico's first couple of years. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.