Our new baby has arrived

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
Beautiful!!!! Spraying their shell with water, as often as you can, is good for them and they love it.

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Beautiful!!!! Spraying their shell with water, as often as you can, is good for them and they love it.
I have a mister in her vivarium. Sprays a fine mist can set to go one from every hrs up to once every 24 hrs. I have it set for 1 1/2 hrs and mists for 1 minute but can set it for longer . So far it has kept the humidity at 65 on the hot side and 80 on the cool side. The plants seem to like it too ☺

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
Thanks. She is just so adorable. They told me that she is too small to set yet but she will be she till proven otherwise

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
I have the basic diet for my baby down but was wondering do I feed her only once a day as much as she will eat in 30 min or do I give here breakfast and dinner? I fed her last night at about 5pm and she ate very well. I soaked her this morning at 7 and gave her some spring mix and she ate most of it be for I left for work. She has live plants (Tortoise safe) in her Vivarium she can snack on but was just wondering if you feed babies regular meals once or twice per day.

yillt

Sweet :) My daughter did not much like the name . She wanted Scooter or Flash lol. My husband was like if we are getting a Tortoise its name will be Billie regardless of sex. I think it suits her
Yes. It sound great. My Billy's a boy though. He used to be Tilly but then we realised he was a boy.

verda

5 Year Member
Texas
Grats on your new baby, and I love the name!

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Sweet :) My daughter did not much like the name . She wanted Scooter or Flash lol. My husband was like if we are getting a Tortoise its name will be Billie regardless of sex. I think it suits her
Billie is a good name it goes both ways male and female

Reptilelove

Plymouth
Billie is stunning! S/he seems to have a great home with you! The humidity levels are perfect and food wise, once a day is fine and try to vary the food...could you post a pic of the enclosure?:)

Reptilelove

Plymouth
This is her home till she out grows it
Looks really good! The only thing I would criticise is the see-through material. It can be bad for their eye sight and will make them want to get out more. Apart for that amazing. Is this your first tort?:)

SChromik

Edmonton Ab Canada
How often should she poop? Have not seen her do it yet. I soak her in the morning for 20 min. before work and again in the late afternoon when I get home. She is eating very well. I had kept snake about 20 years ago and know they vary depending on species. Some went a week between some did it every couple of days. Does it work the same with Tortoises?