OUR 500 POUND ALDABRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
This is SAMPSON, he is our smalest male in our breeding program. If we have a goofball in the herd, he is it! He is the least friendly male we have and his only true motive for coming over to see you is making sure you have food or not. He actually is a great breeder, however is challenged sometimes with our larger females.

o9lbgn.jpg

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Greg,
When you say he is the least friendly, is it he just doesn't want to interact with you? Like some of the pis you have with their necks being rubbed.
Would he bite you? Or just kinda hide? I know my Leopard too about 3 years before she would even allow me to watch her eat. she would pull that head inside and hiss.
Can't imagine a 500 pounder doing that!!
As always , love your pics!!
Hey also, how did your little one do that had the 'outside' stuff? That deformity?
Nay

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Nay said:
Greg,
When you say he is the least friendly, is it he just doesn't want to interact with you? Like some of the pis you have with their necks being rubbed.
Would he bite you? Or just kinda hide? I know my Leopard too about 3 years before she would even allow me to watch her eat. she would pull that head inside and hiss.
Can't imagine a 500 pounder doing that!!
As always , love your pics!!
Hey also, how did your little one do that had the 'outside' stuff? That deformity?
Nay

:tort: He is just very independant, does not really care for human contact. He only cares about food, where the other two of our males very much relish human contact and being scratched. He is not mean at all.

TUFF is doing great, one year old!

yarok

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
This is SAMPSON, he is our smalest male in our breeding program. If we have a goofball in the herd, he is it! He is the least friendly male we have and his only true motive for coming over to see you is making sure you have food or not. He actually is a great breeder, however is challenged sometimes with our larger females.

o9lbgn.jpg

Wow, If thats your smallest I cant even begin to imagine what your biggest must look like....

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Every time I see a picture of one of your torts I want so badly to run my hand across it's shell. I know that sounds wierd but it looks like it would feel so smooth.

acrantophis

5 Year Member
Wow great shot! I have showed my friends all of your pics. Amazing! The baby pics are so cute I can't take it!

sportychick

5 Year Member
Sharpshooter Indonesia said:
u must be using Turtle Wax over his shell :D

so shiny and smooth.

:D rofl .....
Now that's a big guy.... gorgeous looking tort :)

Savannah30

10 Year Member!
he looks fantastic!!! How old is he? So ill get an idea how big mine'll get if its a male..he's 120lbs now and 6 yrs old...this guy here looks huge! and gorgeous :) :)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Savannah30 said:
he looks fantastic!!! How old is he? So ill get an idea how big mine'll get if its a male..he's 120lbs now and 6 yrs old...this guy here looks huge! and gorgeous :) :)

He was imported many years ago and been thru several owners/keepers before we recieved him. We know he is older, unsure exact age. We think he is in the 100+ catagory. Your aldabra is for sure on the fast track for being so young and so big, do you think possibly a male?

We were offered a captive raised male that was just over 600 pounds and documented 40 years old. I wish i had a picture, he was hugh! I also know of a male that is 33 years old and over 300 pounds. I do have recent pictures and will see if the owner would not object to posting. Yours will get big, especially at the rate he is going.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.