Otis The Tortoise Is Enjoying Hawai!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura808

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
not able to leave comments for now
Otis went on a walk today and he was so excited! Sorry there alot of Pictures but I couldnt figure out how to get them from photobucket onto the post. But oh well these are just as good! In pic. #6 my cat is making a weird face and in #1 thats a giant clamshell my mom found lying across the street. In #5 thats one of the many lizards here. yugh!

Attachments

• IMG_5296.jpg
    IMG_5296.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5301.jpg
    IMG_5301.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5304.jpg
    IMG_5304.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5311.jpg
    IMG_5311.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5313.jpg
    IMG_5313.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5316.jpg
    IMG_5316.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5322.jpg
    IMG_5322.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5326.jpg
    IMG_5326.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5332.jpg
    IMG_5332.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5333.jpg
    IMG_5333.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 87

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Very cute baby. It kind of makes me sad, my babies are a year old and seem to have grown so fast. First my sons now my torts everyone is growing up too fast. Do you live in Hawaii? If so lucky you!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures :)

#5 is a Brown Anole. All lizards on the islands are introduced.

Danny

laura808

5 Year Member
ANGI:
Yes I live in Hawaii. :)

egyptiandan said:
Great pictures :)

#5 is a Brown Anole. All lizards on the islands are introduced.

Danny

Wow I didnt even know that!! Thanks!

ONAROCK:
hahaha yeah my mom gave me the idea of that name. :) I just hope he turns out to be a boy!

laura808

5 Year Member
For now I am using corn cob bedding as a substrate but im going to buy coconut fiber substrate asap!!! Im also going to make him another hide. i feed Otis a bunch of different lettuce, cucumber, grasses, and some pretty pets tortoise food pellets untill I find mazuri here on the Islands. Humidity is really weird here sometimes its so humid you can almost feel the water in the air lol. Other days, not so much. I mist Otis about 4 times a day and soak him alot.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Great pics :) There are a couple on TFO that sell Mazuri.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Otis is so cute!!! Looks like he loves the great Hawaiian outdoors!

And that anole!! I love anoles. If pet store anoles weren't all wild-caught, I'd have a dozen of my own... lol! Love his dewflap. He's quite the colorful boy. :D

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
laura808 said:
For now I am using corn cob bedding as a substrate but im going to buy coconut fiber substrate asap!!! Im also going to make him another hide. i feed Otis a bunch of different lettuce, cucumber, grasses, and some pretty pets tortoise food pellets untill I find mazuri here on the Islands. Humidity is really weird here sometimes its so humid you can almost feel the water in the air lol. Other days, not so much. I mist Otis about 4 times a day and soak him alot.

Laura there are a few places on Oahu that sell Mazuri. If you live Kailua side (my home) then theres a feed store in Waimanalo (my familys home). If you live town side then you can go to Land O Lakes .

laura808

5 Year Member
onarock said:
laura808 said:

Laura there are a few places on Oahu that sell Mazuri. If you live Kailua side (my home) then theres a feed store in Waimanalo (my familys home). If you live town side then you can go to Land O Lakes .

I went to the Waimanalo feed store and they had some GIANT bags of mazuri! I didnt get any because I only have a little 4 in. sulcata! It would take years to go through that bag. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.