opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

minniemax

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i candled my 10 day old greek spur thighed eggs today and i cant see anything, does this mean they are infertile or is it to early to tell, they have gone white.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
It's still a bit to early to see anything. Usually you will see a blood ring at about 14 days. Going white is usually a good sign that eggs are fertile. :D

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Waiting is hard minniemax. But wait we must. Sounds like they are chalking that's good. How many eggs did you get?
I just had two hatch in the past 2 days. with one more to go. Waiting's a B----. :p

minniemax

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Waiting is hard minniemax. But wait we must. Sounds like they are chalking that's good. How many eggs did you get?
I just had two hatch in the past 2 days. with one more to go. Waiting's a B----. :p

i go 4 eggs. this is my first time so not sure whats going on. how long did it take for yours to hatch.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
My first hatched at 76 days and the second I assisted a little on the 77th day. Still have one working. I found myself watching them every day first thing when I got up and last thing I did before bed to check temp and humidity. As I got closer to hatching time I watched more and more. I did candle mine and have a thread here of those pics. It is so exciting. When they hatch. But so worrysome waiting. Good luck if I can answer any questions don't hesitate to ask. Danny (Egyptiandan) was my mentor and a huge help. I would P.M. him if you have major questions.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Like Danny said, it's to early. I candle eggs only once a week, that way you will be able to tell a difference. I've heard candling too much isn't good for the embryo's.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I candled at when they were first laid to get an idea of what they looked like a baseline if you will. Then I tried to do mine every about every 14 days and when I couldn't see much (as the torts grew) I stoped candling completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.