One unhappy tort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morloch

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1381073605.465072.jpg.
Morloch has been so upset since I upgraded his tub. He pouts and splashes and just struggles to get out. So I stuck him in his old one again. Which is sooo small ,,, he can barely even poke his head out!ImageUploadedByTortForum1381073999.690095.jpg, but he loves it!

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Probably just feels cozy in it. Cute pic

morloch

5 Year Member
I know,,, tough love it is!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
SWFL
Awww, poor baby. It like giving up his blankie. lol

Ann from CT

erica anne

5 Year Member
That is so cute. They are very particular creatures of habit! It took me awhile to convince mine to use his new, heated outdoor enclosure. I would find him freezing outside!!

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Aw, poor thing! Sounds like he's a bit freaked out by the new, big tub.

I had the same issue with my guys, but it was just a matter of systematically desensitising and conditioning them to the new tub.

May[TURTLE]
1.1.0 Hermannis: Darwin & Wallace
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
LOL, just keep trying to find a new favorite soaking container. Looks like he might prefer a 16 gallon storage tub.

One of my DT's prefers his soaks in a trash can lid, where he can climb out and see out easily. He'll stay in there and soak without being forced to soak for about 20 - 30 minutes. The other just doesn't like soaking at all and I have to use the 16 gallon storage tub to get him to soak 20 minutes.

morloch

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I did buy another tub. A much larger Rubbermaid. Now I soak him and walk away for a bit. It's worse if he sees me,. At least this way I only hear the clawing and the splashes ![SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Status
Not open for further replies.