Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Neal said:
Do you ever see the small male you have mating with the female that laid these?

No. I never see all of them out of the shed at the same time. If he's out the females are in. If they're out, he's in. And when they're inside all they do is park with their noses in a corner.

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
Yvonne,
I would love one of your leo babies!! I have become so very smitten with mine.... If you end up with any left, I want one. I know I live a little bit far away, but we are often in the Red Bluff or Redding area. Not sure where Clovis is, or if it is close enough we could meet up? I would love it! I will actually be back down in Red Bluff again on March 10th too. Not sure how close you are? Let me know!! :)

Dawn

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Still awed and amazed. Wish I knew more about leopards...but have my hands full with the torts I have. They are absolutely precious....I agree with TerryO, love #1 with the heart

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Still amazing that they are fertile and hatching healthy torts. They have such beautiful markings. Congrats!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I took them out of the incubator yesterday evening. They're so funny. They "jump" at the other babies in the tub whenever one of them gets too close. The one that I thought was different actually has the right amount of scutes. Its just the patterning on them that makes it look like too many. Hold on...I'll go snap a quickie.....

I'm just terrible with close-up shots. You have to hold real still, but in order to push down the shutter thing-a-ma-bobby, I move. I've tried bracing my hand on something, but it just doesn't work. So in the first picture, the newest babies are the two towards the top of the picture. In the second picture you can see that the baby on the right has funny shaped coastal scutes compared to the baby on the left, who's scutes are damn near perfect!

02-24-121.jpg

02-24-122.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
They look good, and they are eating, lets hope they stay that way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmmj said:
They look good, and they are eating, lets hope they stay that way.

Yes! I've always said I'm not good with babies. I like to get them to their new homes ASAP to take the onus off me and place it on someone else!!

luke

5 Year Member
SoCal
they look so yellow in that second pic. Nice looking Clutch Yvonne.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just pulled #7 out of the incubator this a.m. She's been sitting in there absorbing her yolk sac for the past two days. She's the one with the clean, white lines in the growth spaces.

02-28-12.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
All the photo's are making it hard to keep from getting one sooner than I want...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
OMG! I love the newest one most! Does it have a home yet? (Cathie just might beat me for asking!)

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Just noticed in the last picture posted that you have two with heart shapes... I could always i.d. #1, by the heart on the shell...now I see you have two like that. They are pretty cute and adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.