Okay to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
Sounds like he just has a cold:(
Sammy had a cold with symptoms like that last year. I actually quit soaking him so that he could 'dry up' & kept him under his heat lamp 24-7. Gave him some TLC & he got better. I actually put a sweater over him at night too lol:/ -shrug- it helped!

Squirt58

5 Year Member
New York
Oh really? The one thread I posted about it they said to have the humidity go UP. I do put a blanket over his tank at night. Did you have a redlight on your baby at night? I thought I read somewhere that they can't sleep unless they're in total darkness. :[

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Ceramic heat emitters, (CHE) are best for your night time temps. They produce no light, they produce heat, they are cheap and if that's not enough, they last forever.

I use mine on thermastates to maintain my overall temps during the day, and as the sole heat source at night. When heat is not needed, it turns off, when heat is needed it turns on. Works great for mine.

Squirt58

5 Year Member
New York
I have one like that. But I wasn't sure to use it because his tank is directly in front of the heaters in my apartment. So I wasn't sure if that would over do it.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I'm not too sure. I've read that all over these forums too- how it mixes up their internal clocks. But mine is a heat/light& I just turn it off at night. He's always seemed totally fine. But I mean its so humid here in San Antonio and it doset get cold whatsoever here in the house.

Squirt58

5 Year Member
New York
I wish I lived somewhere warm ugh. I live in new york its like a high of 30 here right now -_- I always feel like my animals are too cold.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My home stays warm too. 70 degrees. But that's too cold for a sulcata. As long as the heat is regulated by a thermostat, you should have no concerns about overheating. An external heater could raise the temps. But then your regulated by a thermostat in tank heater would stay off. Hope this helps. Controlling temps and humidity are very important for you, as a tortoise owner to have a handle on. Look up Toms threads and study them, as they will provide you with valuable information on your lifelong friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.