OH NOOOOO NOT THE GRASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaturalK84

5 Year Member
Okay so the apartment complex i live in is nice and quite. There is a very large grass area that no one stomps on because its in the back and its boring. Well these Texas weeds are just plentiful!! Plenty of dandelions and clovers and others.
This morning I shook awake to the sound of lawn mowers and weed eaters and i could think was "nooooooooo ". Lol guess I'll have my own routine and pick the day before. But hey, some weeds pop right back up in 3 days!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Please make sure they don't use chemicals on them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have a similar situation at my mother in laws condo. I asked the manager of the landscaping crew if they used any pesticides, fertilizers or weed killers. He told me no that they couldn't due to the pets and the kids. It wasn't but a few days later that I saw one of his guy wearing a well-used weed killer back-pack style sprayer. He was walking around spraying here, there, everywhere, just like he probably did everyday.

Just be careful...

NaturalK84

5 Year Member
Funny, i asked way before owning a tort. I didn't want my kids back there if they did. He told me they don't get paid to do that. I'll have to ask again and stop feeding him that until I'm sure though

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It's sad, but so many times people either don't know, or don't care, why you are asking and just tell you what they think you want to hear. They often think you are just some tree hugging environmentalist and that's why you care about the chemicals used on mother earth. They don't realize that their lie might kill your expensive, beloved tortoise. Sometimes I will tell them why I am asking and that it's a matter of life and death, and every once in a while you can watch them backpedal and change the story. Just happend the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.