oh herro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsphr90

5 Year Member
Marty333 said:
Yes a reptile vet. Local vets only specialize in cats and dogs

thats what i thought, alrighty, the hunt begins

Here's some pictures, please let me know what needs to be changed, thats a 75 watt basking light, UVB, and infrared heat for at night, im still iffy about that light though, substrate is jungle bed, soaking dish, and slate tile for food

Attachments

• IMG_20110223_105712.jpg
    IMG_20110223_105712.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20110223_105728.jpg
    IMG_20110223_105728.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 8

jrholls

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maine
I dont have a RF, but I suspect you'll need humidity gage. I'm pretty sure RF's need relatively high humidity, and you're enclosure might make that dificult. Don't take my word for it though, someone who keeps RF's will let you know :) That also looks like a CF (Compact Flourescent) bulb. Some of them have led to eye problems with torts, so I just completely avoid them.

jsphr90

5 Year Member
dammit lol i'll be sure to swap out the cfl ASAP and they do need humidity, so until i can find a nice big tank im just gonna replace the box with a humid hide and lots of soaks and misting!

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Yeah get a tube UVB fixture. You don't need a lot of bright lights they a forest dwellers so its pretty dim where they come from. Put some fake plants or real in to add shade and something interesting. Also they don't need a basking rock because they aren't heavy baskers. Yeah definitely switch out the box for a humid hide. at your local grocery store they shell shoe boxes for cheap so you can buy one there and that would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.