Off Topic, but kinda turtle related lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tempe, Az
My turtle obsession extends way beyond keeping tortoise's lol.
My other obsession/addiction is comic books, and considering this is a Tortoise forum I figured you might appreciate one of my newest acquisitions.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles # 1,2,3
# 1 is a pretty huge book for something thats not very old (1984)
IMG_1572.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I collect books too, but murder mysteries, not comics.

Nice acquisition. Might be worth some big bucks some day.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Congratulations! But now I have their theme song playing in my head, and I may not forgive you for that;)

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
emysemys said:
I collect books too, but murder mysteries, not comics.

Nice acquisition. Might be worth some big bucks some day.

the #1 is a lower grade copy but still 1st print I paid $400 for it, I also have two 2nd prints that I paid $30 each for

Pretty cheap in the comic world
This is my Big Book: low grade and slight restoration but still a Hulk # 1
IMG_1428.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
12 cents! Can you imagine?

I know they're not as popular today as they were when they were only a dime, but how can kids afford to buy them now. When I look back 60 years ago and think of all the 10 cent comic books I had I really wish I had been more careful of them and saved a few.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
emysemys said:
12 cents! Can you imagine?

I know they're not as popular today as they were when they were only a dime, but how can kids afford to buy them now. When I look back 60 years ago and think of all the 10 cent comic books I had I really wish I had been more careful of them and saved a few.

yeah you're not kidding lol
in 1939 action comics 1(1st superman) and detective comics 27 (1st batman) were 10 c, now they've each sold for 1 million plus

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My cousin has the first Superman. It's in a plastic case. He said he is leaving it to his son. I have no idea how much it's worth, but they way he has it saved, it must be a lot. I have loads of comic books in my atic in boxes that were mine when I was a little girl. Little Lulu..etc. My Aunt left me her 1st addition of Gone with the Wind. I wonder how much that's worth....

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
terryo said:
My cousin has the first Superman. It's in a plastic case. He said he is leaving it to his son. I have no idea how much it's worth, but they way he has it saved, it must be a lot. I have loads of comic books in my atic in boxes that were mine when I was a little girl. Little Lulu..etc. My Aunt left me her 1st addition of Gone with the Wind. I wonder how much that's worth....

If its Action comics # 1 (1938) single pages have sold for $6,600
complete copies start at $100k +
1-1.jpg

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I didn't think collectables were worth much right now. My son has a ton of baseball cards he inherited. I have a comic book that a cook I worked with 20+ years ago told me I should buy and put away. The cook died sadley of obessedy, but I still have the comic somewhere.

Yvonne ~have you read any Jody Picoult? I have just adout read all her books. They are very good. I hate it when I finish everthing a good author has written:(

Status
Not open for further replies.