Off on a USA tour, see you in three weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
England
Heading out to the states on our mini tour tomorrow :) Will check in from time to time but not too the usual extent.

Pictures to follow on return!

And now i can finally join in on all the 'its so hot, we never get power cuts or snow' discussions! Good times! :p

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Exactly where are you going to and what is your mini tour? :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes. First Florida, then Colorado, then L.A.

We are off on a road trip Saturday the 20th-Friday the 26th to Mesa Verde, the Grand Canyon, and Arches National Park in Utah. :D

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
alfiethetortoise said:
Heading out to the states on our mini tour tomorrow :) Will check in from time to time but not too the usual extent.

Pictures to follow on return!

And now i can finally join in on all the 'its so hot, we never get power cuts or snow' discussions! Good times! :p
What kind of tour?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
2617371w0qnckjfza.gif

Be sure to take lots of pictures!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Have fun Brooke (and Steph!) And I agree, take lots of pictures for us :)
You all should head to Chicago to visit me and Nelson :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Pictures are planned, if Ava cooperates. :D

I am very excited to be able to show Brooke and her toddler some of our best national monuments and the breathtaking scenery of the American West. :cool:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You know you have an invitation to come see the movie animals, when you get to LA right?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Brooke and Ava are going to rent a car when they fly out to California and do some road trips of their own. :D

I'll have her check in with you all while they are here and they can decide what their time and plans will allow. They'll be staying with Fred's brother and his wife in Garden Grove, so they should be able to see some beach and some coast line...anyone want to recommend a day trip along the Pacific Coast Highway? I've heard there are some lovely stretches with gorgeous views, and it would be perfect if there are some parks or beaches along the way where they can stop and get out and look around. ;)

Our itinerary for the Colorado leg is already full. We'll have a long drive every other day alternating with a full day to see each monument...I'm trying not to overwhelm poor Ava with too many activities or too long in the car seat. We'll have both a stroller and a baby backpack and also plan to allow her to get down and run around often. :p

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Not sure we will make it to san diego, although that was a plan at one point! Thanks tom im sure ava will love to see the movie animals so let me know when is good and we can try and figure something out - i am hiring a car with a sat nav so im hoping we wont get too lost but then LA is one big city!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Ava quite enjoyed seeing the "castle" of Spruce Tree House today, toddling around happily offering to let other children try a taste of the rock she carried everywhere in her hand. ;)

Brooke is a wonderful mum to this bright, beautiful baby and it has been a pleasure exchanging cultural traditions, expressions and social mores with her.:D

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
whhaaat, Brooke went to your area??? how neat!
Stephanie Logan said:
Ava quite enjoyed seeing the "castle" of Spruce Tree House today, toddling around happily offering to let other children try a taste of the rock she carried everywhere in her hand. ;)

Brooke is a wonderful mum to this bright, beautiful baby and it has been a pleasure exchanging cultural traditions, expressions and social mores with her.:D

M

Maggie Cummings

Tell Brooke to get on Hiway 1 going North out of LA and travel up to Santa Cruz that way she'll see beautiful coastline and the Pacific ocean with breath-taking views...Have a great time, and she can do it in a day...

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Highway 1. Ill try and find some time to fit that in! We really should have had more time in california as there is soo much to do and so little time!

It looks like Ava has the chicken pox too :(. Seems ok so far, and not grumpy or bothered. And she probably infected half of the USA in disneyland!

Heading down to the Grand Canyon's today after a pit stop for some cammomile lotion! :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Poor Ava has been such a good sport...rode uncomplaining for 4 1/2 of the 5 hour journey today...tonight she is feverish and doing the leopard thing. :(

I hope she is not too uncomfortable tomorrow so we can drive back into the park to take photos and enjoy the views that I could only glance at today (had to watch the road while I drove--bummer! :p ).

You forget just how magnificently gorgeous the Grand Canyon is till you see it again...:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What awful bad luck for Ava to get sick on vacation! Bummer!!!

This is for you, Ava:

1320039gdu3qjmjan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.