Not sure if this is normal

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
Hi all,

Yesterday was a billion degrees and my sulcata (11 years old -Tyler 100 lbs) did the usual stuff he does when he is hot. Today however- it is much less hot and he is acting strangely. He is sort of laying around…but the thing that makes this unusual is that its out in the open. Like normally when he naps or rests its in the same spots. He seems very lethargic to me. His poop is normal looking. His nose isn't runny. It's just the laying around in usual places that Ive never ever seen. He has a kiddie pool with fresh water that he drinks from and occasionally lays in. He is yawning a lot. He seems to come alive for food but then right back to laying around. And I know he needs a beak trim.

What do you all think? Thanks so much
Karen

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
His eyes look a bit watery. I heard that may be a sign that he's getting too hot. Maybe move him to an area of shade if he's laying out in the open?

M

Maggie Cummings

What a beautiful face he has. Personally, if he's lying in the sun and acting lethargic it does sound like he's too hot, or maybe he's just tired. The yawning bother me tho. I'd watch for labored breathing or a snotty nose. Sorry I'm not more help. Have you tried to hose him down and see how he acts then?