Not recommended for breeding but works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
Last Sunday morning (very early) our hot water heater burst and flooded the basement. When this happened it overturned the hingies enclosure. Well we uprighted it and went searching the escapes. We rounded them up in water 1 to 5 inches deep and put them back. The male promptly began mounted the girls. Not recommended but it worked like a charm. Rainy season in the basement I guess. He still hasn't quit.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D You know some males, any excuse they can get. :D He just wanted the cost of a new water heater to not be too hard on you, so he is trying to give you a bonus. :cool:Hope you do get results (lots of eggs). The would not work in my house, the water heater is in the bathroom (first floor).

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I use a garden sprayer and mist the enclosure every morning. They all start popping out of the hides and moving around, and this is also when I feed them. Usually right in the middle of breakfast my male starts getting all crazy. Probably a bit more cost effective than your method, but all the same.... :D

I have one girl that practically lives in the water dish. I think these guys are way more aquatic than a lot of people give them credit for. They slog around in the pond blowing bubbles and have a good ole' time :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Reminds me of my mating attempts, they were unsuccesful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.