Not quite a tortoise owner... but hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Elsberry MO
:D

Well, at least me and my family are hoping to someday soon.

I first fell in love with the Russian Tortoise years ago. I had seen a few babies in a local petstore and ran home to read as much as I could about them. There didn't seem to be alot of information out there.

As time went on I found myself searching for more and more information and over the years, that information has changed, allot. For the better, I might add. Such as turtle tables vs aquariums ect..

Meanwhile, my children have become highly interested in tortoises too and so, I'm on the search for a russian tortoise to call our own.

I'm hoping this site will help in learning more about the care of our future little guy.

Maybe some good sources on where to find a Russian T, too?

LindaF

5 Year Member
Welcome. You are very wise to do your research first. I also always wanted a tortoise. Funny, I never got one until I was older and my 12 year old only wanted a tortoise for her birthday. In truth he is my baby, but still pretend it is my daughter's

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forume Teresa you came to the right place to learn how to care for furture tort where are you located?

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Welcome, I just got a Russian a month ago :)

Teresa

5 Year Member
Elsberry MO
Aww, thanks for such a warm welcome, everyone!

The research is/was more for myself than anything at first. I wanted to know what was really involved , plus I found it fun to read more and more about this species. I just had to be sure this was the right pet for us. Not just for myself, but for everyone in the home. Since, I'm fairly sure if I do this right (or we all do), the Russian we bring home will outlive me! So, he or she will have to be loved by the next generation, too.

I'm not set against a rescue/rehome or even an injured little guy. Imperfections are perfect in my eyes, too.

Oh! coreyc, I'm in Missouri

coreyc said:
Welcome to the forume Teresa you came to the right place to learn how to care for furture tort where are you located?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Lots of breeders here on the forum, selling quality animals. When you are ready do a post in the "Wanted" section to see what is available at that time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Theresa:

Welcome to the forum!!

When you've become accustomed to our format, would you please go to your User CP page and fill in the blanks. It really helps us with answering questions when we know a little more about the questioner.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
There is so much confusung information out there. This is the best place to get up to date information. Good luck!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! I am sure when the time comes, your family is going to love having a Russian.

jweiner

5 Year Member
Milwaukee, WI
Hello and welcome - do a username search for "jwhite". He is a breeder of Russians and I bet he could help you out! Good luck, Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.