North American Box Turtle Conservation Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saloli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
middle river
Hello every one. I am in the process of building data bases for species and subspecies of as many captive individuals as I can. These data bases are to be like the stud books for other genera. Their purpose is to help maintain genetic diversity in captive populations as a hedge against extinction. Though this is for the purposes of ex situ conservation. The other goal of in situ conservation may also benefit if the need for individuals from a local population are needed to boost the wild population of the same local. This has been done with other species like the Diamondback Terrapins. Though because of the Terrapene's homing tendencies the repatriated individuals would have to be relatively young. If anyone is interested in contributing and participating in these data bases please email me or pm me. Thank you to those who I have contacted and have chosen to contribute and to participate. My emails are [email protected] and [email protected]. Once again thank you for your time. William

Status
Not open for further replies.