Normal plastron???

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Saw an ad for somebody trying to sell this baby sulcata and it just to seem to me the plastron looks undeveloped and possibly hatchling failure syndrome.....opinions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200912-171710_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200912-171710_Samsung Internet.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 53

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hard to tell what is going on from that photo. Could just be dirty/stained from the substrate. The skin on the legs looks a little wrinkly and possibly dried out. Unfortunately, that is the norm with baby sulcatas. Its dead wrong, but that is how most people are still doing it.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Hard to tell what is going on from that photo. Could just be dirty/stained from the substrate. The skin on the legs looks a little wrinkly and possibly dried out. Unfortunately, that is the norm with baby sulcatas. Its dead wrong, but that is how most people are still doing it.
Yeah I don't know who the people are just somebody selling a turtle on Facebook they say that they soak it and what not but I thought it looks really dry just a couple people arguing on their about whether she should give it away for free obviously other people think it doesn't look well I had to put in my two cents about the closed enclosure and the high humidity heat ratio she said she gives it some humidity during the day I about fell over