Normal baby tortoise behavior?

whortoise

Location (City and/or State)
California
hello guys,
I just got my baby russian tortoise yesterday and he has been burrowing in his hide out just stayin there. Is it normal for it to be there all day? Ive made sure his enclosure is warm and that it isnt too dry. Is he just adjusting? Thank you in advance :)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Fairly common for babies to hide! Welcome and don’t forget to include photos. BTW have you checked out the Russian tortoise care guide it is pinned in the Russian tortoise threads

whortoise

California
Fairly common for babies to hide! Welcome and don’t forget to include photos. BTW have you checked out the Russian tortoise care guide it is pinned in the Russian tortoise threads
Hello again! I will include photos soon. I also had another question since I have noticed this and am a little worried. My little baby tort hasnt been going in the water dish at all! I'm worried she isn't drinking water since when she goes in, its a mess from the dirt she tracks in but the dish has been clean. I've been giving her a lukewarm bath every morning, so maybe she is drinking during that time? Her basking spot is 90-95 degrees, her little humid hide is 79-82 degrees, I water the substrate with warm water in the mornings just to keep it moist and I give her greens which she eats. I'm not sure if she's pooping regularly, she poops a little bit everyday. Not sure about peeing.