Newly Adopted Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

clucey

5 Year Member
Aloha all
Im here in Hawaii and from what I have been reading its a good place for this 50lb adoptee that was rescued. Now a new member of the family and has already had the company of family members on long walks and building of the pen.
i will need some help and support as I am a first time owner with lots of questions. I have no idea of age....looks like a common phenomenon, i am concerned of its shell as it appears the abandoner drilled a hole in it for a leash, it is beginning to pyramid, and there is some white lines developing. S/he has a wonderful demeaner, appears happy. Eats well and digestion appears good. I am going to start looking for a appropriate vet. Unfortunately stores here are not turtle savvy and have recommended all the wrong foods to feed it. Calling exotic and large animal feed stores today as well as finishing the pen. We are all looking into a name....Possibly Percilla but dont know the sex. If anyone can offer me some support please feel free. Thanks for having me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

The best thing you can feed your new tortoise is to allow him or her to graze on weeds and grasses. If you post a picture of the underside of the tortoise including the tail area, we can tell you if it is male or female.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I'm taking a wild guess here, but based on the current weight, s/he might be 8-10+years old. We would really like to see his/her shell and bottom with tail. As a side note, if you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow people to bring dogs to your home, then you need to read the thread written by Tom just below my name. Thanks.

clucey

5 Year Member
Hi sibi i cldnt find the thread by tom on dogs. The neighbors dog came to visit and got attached. She stayed about a half foot behind him wherever he went to graze then laid down until he was ready to move spots. Up graze down repeat. Will keep looking for the thread

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1369709185936.jpg
    1369709185936.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.