Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileManiac

5 Year Member
Hey everyone! I am really excited about looking for tortoises. I am currently looking at Russian Tortoises, I do have a few questions. First of all where did you buy your tortoise? Second what UVA/UVB bulb do you recommend that had the cover thing? Thanks for all your help!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hi there ReptileManiac. I don't know too much about Russians as I have a Greek myself, but there are quite a few people on here who keep Russians :)
You can do all sorts of research so that you are 100% ready for the arrival of your new tort. You can get them form pet stores, but I wouldn't recommend buying one from a pet store - I would suggest going through a reputable breeder, a bit more $$ than the pet store I think, but you're pretty much guaranteed after care and good info for your little guy. If I can make one suggestion, that is try and go for an older tortoise, not a hatchling, as they are fragile and need a lot more care and knowledge how to bring up a hatchling. Even if you get one that is 2 or 3 yrs old, thats great and much less worry than a hatchling. I will be using the MVB light for my tort Tallula - its a combination bulb for both heat AND UVB, and works so well from what I have heard. I hope that helps a bit :) Good luck in finding your tort and happy learning!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi ReptileManiac:

1030932ylj1su6533.gif

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Have you scanned through the Regarding Russians section of this forum yet? You'll get answers to care questions and a feel for who the breeders are in this forum. You can also check out the "For Sale" or For Adoption" section of the forum. Good luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies.