Newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repti82

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hi, I'm new to the forums and to tortoises. i have kept numerous turtles, snakes, lizards and amphibians but never tortoises specifically.
i do not own a tortoise yet and that is something i am looking into. i want to have the enclosure set up before we get them. we live in PA and plan on having an indoor free range for our tortoises. we are building a box... or i should say giant box top for them. and i had a few questions. i will post them in the enclosure sections and post the link here. thanks for looking :D

Repti82

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
futureleopardtortoise said:
Welcome!!

What kind of tortoise are you looking into?

hermann's and Russian. leaning toward Hermann's. ... any suggestions?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME:D. Don't forget, he/she should get outside when ever the temps permit. Also, free range of the house isn't always a good thing. Lots of things they can eat that could make them sick, die,impacted or choke. Just keep that in mind.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Repti82 said:
futureleopardtortoise said:
Welcome!!

What kind of tortoise are you looking into?

hermann's and Russian. leaning toward Hermann's. ... any suggestions?

They are very similar tortoises with similar needs. It more depends on the age of tortoise you want. If you want to save yourself from the stress of a hatchling, adult Russians are much easier to find than hatchling ones, and Hermann's are easier to find as little guys.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome! Good thing your doing research first hand. Hermanns are a great tortoise, and so are russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.