Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona, USA
Hi
I am Sarah, just introducing myself. This is Ninja, 6.5 YO Sulcata, I adopted from a girl about 3 mo ago. I hope I posted it correctly so you can see her. If not I'll try again!

This forum has been very helpful so far.

Attachments

• DSC02237a.jpg
    DSC02237a.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 46

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sarah:

Ninja is very pretty! Your friend, the previous owner, did a great job of raising the tortoise to have a smooth shell. It started out a little bumpy, but has since smoothed out nicely. I guess we'll have to chalk another one up to Arizona (its a dry heat)!! Do you know whether Ninja is male or whether its female? (I'm trying real hard to never say, "Do you know if its male or female?" because that leaves me open for the answer, "yes, its male or female.")

Ninja

5 Year Member
Arizona, USA
emysemys said:
Hi Sarah:

Ninja is very pretty! Your friend, the previous owner, did a great job of raising the tortoise to have a smooth shell. It started out a little bumpy, but has since smoothed out nicely. I guess we'll have to chalk another one up to Arizona (its a dry heat)!! Do you know whether Ninja is male or whether its female? (I'm trying real hard to never say, "Do you know if its male or female?" because that leaves me open for the answer, "yes, its male or female.")

Hi Yvonne

I found some pictures online to compare and she's definitely a girl!

I do think her previous owner did well as she isn't too bumpy. I've been worried since it is so dry here that I haven't been keeping her moist enough. I soak her about once a week. She lives outside, in the back yard, and we've built her a box that is semi insulated where her pig blanket is so she can go in and out to find the heat.

I think she's beautiful. She has been slow the last couple of days because it's been so cold here, but today she's out and about and hungry!

Ninja

5 Year Member
Arizona, USA
So I wanted to try to post another picture to see if I could embed it in the text. This is Ninja enjoying her hibiscus. She loves it.

DSC03991.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, wow! Talk about a big mouth! And look at those leg spurs. What a nice tortoise.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
Welcome! That IS a good looking tortoise.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Nice pic:) you should put it in Show us your big "bites thread:D that's a big bite:D

Status
Not open for further replies.