Newbie question for New Zealand tortoise owners

Fountainabbey

Location (City and/or State)
Auckland New Zealand
Kia Ora, I am a newbie tortoise owner in Auckland New Zealand and I have a feeding question.

Stevie is a Greek tortoise (5 months old) and I am looking to give them a varied diet. looking at the lists on the forums there are a lot of species that don't grow commonly here ( tortoise are not a common pet here and there doesn't seem to be an NZ forum - but if anyone know of one please let me know!) and I was wondering if there were other NZ tortoise owners who had advice on what native and common non native plant/grass species are good for tortoise to eat down here. Thanks heaps!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi and welcome,
This is the caresheet that will help you with diet and all other aspects of care
Read that but ask as many questions as you like and if you post a picture of his enclosure members can help you with any changes that may be needed to make sure he has everything he needs.

I don't know anything about specific NZ plants but this website has a good database of UK plants - you may have some in common with us www.thetortoisetable.org.uk