New Tortoise Owner

Ashlyne_b

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Hi! I'm wanting to purchase a baby tortoise soon but I have a couple questions. What reputable sites can I purchase from? I have been looking and haven't found any that I'm 100% confident in. Also does anyone know the North Carolina laws about purchasing and owning a tortoise from an out of state source?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome
If you want the best, but from one of our members that raises the species you want. Most of our members raise them the correct way.
As for the laws, best if you call a government agency, maybe game and wildlife, or agriculture and see if they can help or lead you in the right direction.
What species are you looking to get?

PinkPine

Michigan
Hi! I'm wanting to purchase a baby tortoise soon but I have a couple questions. What reputable sites can I purchase from? I have been looking and haven't found any that I'm 100% confident in. Also does anyone know the North Carolina laws about purchasing and owning a tortoise from an out of state source?
There are so many great reptile rescues out there! I'd do some research to find what's in your area. Also, petfinder.com has a reptile search

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello and welcome to the forum
My personal reccomendation is SOUTHERN REPTILES
In fact @Southernreptiles is a member of this community and the owner is known to me.
He's honest and will answer your questions.
He also frequents FACEBOOK.
In the meantime give this a read.

Southernreptiles

5 Year Member
Boca Raton
Hello and welcome to the forum
My personal reccomendation is SOUTHERN REPTILES
In fact @Southernreptiles is a member of this community and the owner is known to me.
He's honest and will answer your questions.
He also frequents FACEBOOK.
In the meantime give this a read.
Thanks Ed. I hope you have a good holiday!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Don't buy from a "site". Buy from a breeder that starts them correctly and knows all the details of how they were started and cared for after hatching.

What species are you interested in?