New Tortoise owner in SoCal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mochosla

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself with the group. We are the Limon family and live in SoCal. My kids wanted a pet and my wife and I did not want a dog or a cat. After some research and almost spending $250 for a Sulcuta we learned that we could adopt a local specie and deiced to take 2 female desert torts. It has been a great experience and my kids LOVE them. The torts names are torta and gorda (Mexican names :) to follow our traditions).

Anyway, I just found this site and I'm so glad I did as I have been doing a lot of research but it is great to have access to a lot of people with experience.

Here are a few pics of our torts. You can't see it on the pictures but there is a lot of grassy area in my backyard for them to graze and roam.

100_4667.jpg

100_4668.jpg

100_4669.jpg

100_4670.jpg

100_4671.jpg

100_4672.jpg

100_4673.jpg

100_4674.jpg

100_4675.jpg

100_4678.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Limon Family!! You are so lucky to have been able to get TWO females. Most of the tortoises we get in for adoption are male, with the females being VERY scarce. Your girls are beauties.

Yvonne

mochosla

5 Year Member
Thanks. I have been told that it is unusual to get 2 females and I'm happy for that.

I'm so looking forward to be a part of this group and learn from you guys. Maybe one of these days I will be able to provide some advice myself ;-).

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum :)
Very nice Desert tortoises :D

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum! They are great looking torts! I am sure you will enjoy them.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum "Limon" Family and Torta and Gorda :) They are very fine looking DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.