New tortoise mommy

tortoisemommy79zx

Location (City and/or State)
Idaho, USAa
Hi, my name is mckayla I live in southern Idaho. Im 17 almost 18 years old. I have two tortoises for the time being. One is Henry he is a russian tortoise. I received him from a young boy about 30-45 minutes away from home. He is supposed to be about 3 years old. My other tortoise is a cherry head red foot she is named Azula (from the last airbender.. shes the fire princess) shes supposed to be about a year old. I bought her from a local petstore for 180$ she came from a breeder in Salt Lake Utah.

Attachments

• Snapchat-20140318084306.jpg
    Snapchat-20140318084306.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 49

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Your tortoises need to be in their own enclosures as they have different requirements. Your Russian only about 30% humidity! while your RF needs a much higher humidity. Also, your Russian is most likely wild caught and could carry parasites that the RF would never come across in his wild lands. Please do separate them and give them their own proper enclosure, temps and humidity.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here. You do really need to have separate enclosure for each one of them. They will not get alone. Russian are territorial too. They do bite.

tortoisemommy79zx

Idaho, USAa
bouaboua said:
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here. You do really need to have separate enclosure for each one of them. They will not get alone. Russian are territorial too. They do bite.

My russian male has never showed any interest in hurting my red foot I keep one end humid and one end dry. The red foot stays on the humid wet side and the russian stays in the hay dry side. They cuddle, sleep together on the wet side. Eat together and everything. They have been together for a month maybe a little more and never any problems. I dont have two large enough areas for both of them. Its still snowing and raining off and on here in idaho so they cant stay outside just yet.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
tortoisemommy79zx said:
bouaboua said:

My russian male has never showed any interest in hurting my red foot I keep one end humid and one end dry. The red foot stays on the humid wet side and the russian stays in the hay dry side. They cuddle, sleep together on the wet side. Eat together and everything. They have been together for a month maybe a little more and never any problems. I dont have two large enough areas for both of them. Its still snowing and raining off and on here in idaho so they cant stay outside just yet.

Russian's are lone and solitary animal's they don't have "friends" i've had 2 russian's before and always kept them apart your Russian could hurt the redfoot and the bullying could stress the red so bad that it dies :/ which is something noneo of us hear like to see or hear