New tortoise enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicajimmyares

5 Year Member
My girlfriend and I just finished our first enclosure for our Sulcata. We are no carpenters but it turned out pretty nice! Its dimensions are 5'x3'x18''

Attachments

• _DSC0270.JPG
    _DSC0270.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 182
  • _DSC0276.JPG
    _DSC0276.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 185
  • _DSC0278.JPG
    _DSC0278.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 157

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Wow! That's beautiful. You've done a great job. The only thing I worry about is the light fixtures sitting on top of the acrylic. It gets pretty hot and the plastic is liable to warp.

Now get some plastic (or real) plants in there to dress it up a bit.

jessicajimmyares

5 Year Member
Thanks! Yeah, we've been running it for a day now with no problems. I made a pretty good gap between the bulb and the acrylic, but we will keep an eye on it. We have grass seed in there now and we plan on getting some other plants soon.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
well thought out and very nice enclosure you have made. Your sulcata
should love it.

Chrisbarrett27

5 Year Member
Yeah that is really nice! I was debating using an old book case but after seeing this I'm ready to scrap that idea. You guys did a fantastic job. Do you guys have something to check the humidity. What is your goal level?

jessicajimmyares

5 Year Member
Thanks. No, we don't have something to measure humidity but I can see it's pretty humid in there because the acrylic fogs up quite a bit. The enclosure holds heat very well too, which I was kind of concerned about because my house gets pretty cold in the winter even with the heat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.