New to this

Clare williams

Location (City and/or State)
Redditch, worcs, England
I have today become mommy to 2 hermanns think they are 3 months old. They are in a tortoise table with a uvb strip light and a basking heat spot bulb they are currently on a hay bed with reptile pellet on the floor, I am however after reading on here going to change this for a topsoil. Currently extremely worried about turning heat off at night. They are burrowed under hay in bedroom enclosure. Honestly don't think I worried this much with my newborn human babies!!!

Attachments

• 20170205_104516.jpg
    20170205_104516.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It may not be a problem yet, but it will happen.
And some bullying is subtle, they keep close together not out of companionship, tortoises don't need or require friends, they are competing for the best basking spot, the best sleeping place, the best food. Following one another is aggressive behaviour not friendship, one will start to get psychologically damaged if not physically.
See also http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/pairs.34837/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...together-a-lesson-learned-the-hard-way.94114/

Patty P

5 Year Member
Rockland County, NY
I have today become mommy to 2 hermanns think they are 3 months old. They are in a tortoise table with a uvb strip light and a basking heat spot bulb they are currently on a hay bed with reptile pellet on the floor, I am however after reading on here going to change this for a topsoil. Currently extremely worried about turning heat off at night. They are burrowed under hay in bedroom enclosure. Honestly don't think I worried this much with my newborn human babies!!!
Congratulations on your two beauties!