new to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoverpilot

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Welcome....great picture. Love to see the Ca Desert Tortoises, big fan here :}-

I will try and get a few pixs later as I have to run to town for feed for the horses.. I have 5 wonderful Cal deserts that I have had for a long time.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Just wanted to say welcome and that rocky is fantastic looking.

hoverpilot

5 Year Member
I wish I could take credit for his beautiful shell but he was given to me since he was eating them out of house and home. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
hoverpilot said:
I wish I could take credit for his beautiful shell but he was given to me since he was eating them out of house and home. :)

Oh yes. You better get started on "growing your own" right away. And you probably already know this but dry grass hay (sold by the bale for horses) is a great staple for adult sulcatas. I like the bermuda, but also use timothy and "orchard" grass too.

Have you actually had him on a scale? He really does have a beautiful appearance and his carapace is a little higher domed than the average. I like that trait in sulcatas.

hoverpilot

5 Year Member
Tom said:
hoverpilot said:

Oh yes. You better get started on "growing your own" right away. And you probably already know this but dry grass hay (sold by the bale for horses) is a great staple for adult sulcatas. I like the bermuda, but also use timothy and "orchard" grass too.

Have you actually had him on a scale? He really does have a beautiful appearance and his carapace is a little higher domed than the average. I like that trait in sulcatas.

I do feed mazuri feed and have hay on hand to feed since I also have horses. How about hay pellets? Has anyone tried them for sulcatas. Rocky is super friendly and follows me around the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.