New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerNameWas_Lola

5 Year Member
Hi all, My name is Jon and I am from New Jersey. I own a Female Russian Tortoise who I named Lola. She is about 4.5-5 inches long so I guess she's about 6-10 years old from the information I have gathered. I also believe she is wild caught since she seems smooth? I don't know I haven't seen another Russian Tortoise before to compare. She's currently living in a big cement mixing tub which I bought from Lowes. I hope to keep her in that for the next 5 or so years until I am done with college (my college house and room are too small to support anything else) and get a place of my own (my parents do not want to house a giant tortoise home). Lola loves to walk around, and poop all over my room. I have countered that by laying newspaper all over my floor whenever I let her wander when she becomes restless in her habitat. One day I hope to get a puppy and that Lola and the puppy will be great friends and I can take pictures of them interacting like all the adorable pictures you can find on the internet of inter-species friends.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jon and welcome! :D Now you have that song running in my head! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Unfortunately dog/puppies and tortoises do not mix. They will not be best friends and you will never be able to leave them together without 100% supervision. Sorry, but, if you know the truth now, it will save you from a mangled or dead tortoise later.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jon!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA