New to the forum :))

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome.

We have a lot of good How to Take Care of Sully info under the Tortoise Soecies tab.

Soak daily - feed a lot - be prepared to separate the two you have.

Have fun

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome they are great. You might read the threads on enclosures. That set up is great but you need a closed enclosure to hold the humidity in. And like Maro2Bear said daily 30 min soaks in warm water. Don't let the water cool down. The humidity in the enclosure and the soaks will help with the pyramiding. Best of luck with them.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Thank you!! You think I'll have problems with them when they're older?? I'm not sure of their genders yet

Tortoises are solitary, territorial animals that should never be kept in pairs regardless of gender. In pairs, there is always a dominant and a subordinate, and both are constantly stressed because one is being bullied and the other can’t get the intruder out of it’s territory. I would get them separated as soon as possible :)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
If you want you could always get more. I think I read where if you have more sulcata's you can keep them together. LOL:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
If you want you could always get more. I think I read where if you have more sulcata's you can keep them together. LOL:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

Yep, groups generally work better than pairs. However, if there ends up being more than one male, they will all have to be separated.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Oh oki. Everything is going smoothly and has been since I got them when it comes to bullying. But as soon as notice problems developing I'll separate

Keep in mind that tortoise bullying isn’t as simple as biting and ramming. Most of their bullying doesn’t look like bullying at all. It comes in the form of things like “cuddling”, “following”, sharing a hide if others are available, standing on food, sitting nose to nose, and just being together in general. All of these are one tortoise trying to push, chase, and stress the other out of their territory, and not signs of affection.

I don’t think I have ever seen a pair of Sulcatas, one of the most territorial species out there, go well. I really would separate as soon as you can.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Also be sure to give these a read, and house your tortoises in a humid closed chamber. Like Ray stated, they are currently pyramiding pretty badly from lack of humidity, which, while it can’t be reversed, can be stoped by daily soaks, constant wetting of the shell, and high humidity :)

How To Raise A Healthy Sulcata Or Leopard, Version 2.0 https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php...ealthy-Sulcata-Or-Leopard,-Version-2.0.79895/

For Those Who Have a Young Sulcata... https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/For-Those-Who-Have-a-Young-Sulcata....76744/

Beginner Mistakes https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Beginner-Mistakes.45180/

faith.coopa.troopa

Southern California
Keep in mind that tortoise bullying isn’t as simple as biting and ramming. Most of their bullying doesn’t look like bullying at all. It comes in the form of things like “cuddling”, “following”, sharing a hide if others are available, standing on food, sitting nose to nose, and just being together in general. All of these are one tortoise trying to push, chase, and stress the other out of their territory, and not signs of affection.

I don’t think I have ever seen a pair of Sulcatas, one of the most territorial species out there, go well. I really would separate as soon as you can.
They both seem to be doing complety fine when it comes to being with each other. Can't exactly separate at

Bush

Canton tx
Tortoises are solitary, territorial animals that should never be kept in pairs regardless of gender. In pairs, there is always a dominant and a subordinate, and both are constantly stressed because one is being bullied and the other can’t get the intruder out of it’s territory. I would get them separated as soon as possible :)