New to site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockford

5 Year Member
Hello fellow tortoise lovers. I'm new to this site. I currently do not have a tortoise but have one on hold for delivery in April. I will be the owner of a Red footed tortoise. Over the next few weeks I'll be reviewing this site and learning as much as I can. Look forward to posting pictures when I get him.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Boy, is it going to feel like forever until April. :( How did you happen to decide on a redfoot?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome!! Where are you getting him from?

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
Hello Rockford and welcome to TFO :D
Where are you located? You will be on here forever until your guy comes...post lots of pics when you get him

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Rockford:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you (Is Rockford your name or a username?)...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Rockford

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. I decided on a Redfoot because they don't get too large, and seem easier to keep. I am getting her/him from the Tortoise Yard. I live in Bethlehem Pennsylvania. Quick question....do Redfoots thrive if living solo, or should you have a pair.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Rockford:

Redfoots are one of the very few species of tortoise that seem to do well in groups. It is quite do-able, keeping a solo redfoot. They don't pine for more of their kind, but they do ok when kept in groups. Right now I'm babysitting two redfoots for a fellow forum member and there has been absolutely no fighting, pushing or shoving. They get along great.

Most tortoises like to be alone. That way they don't have to share the best hiding place or the food. But redfoots don't seem to care about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.