New to site

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyrogerfl

5 Year Member
Hi I live in Florida and got my first hatchling for a Christmas present the first week of Dec. I ,unfortunately , did what the pet store said and gave him lots of fruit and romaine...he died in two weeks. The pet store replaced him and I turned to on line for info and this one doing good. A week ago, I took him to vet cuz he wasn't eating or moving around much and I was really worried. After I got him to vet he perked right up... the vet said he looked good and I was doing all right things. I take him outside when it's nice and let him roam for an hour or so but has been cool the last few days. I got a 24" x 24" bookcase to make him a bigger encloser- he was in glass sided aquarium. But now I think it's not warm enough as sides are higher and lights further from him. I soaked him today and gave him some pumpkin with his calcium ( vet said I was giving too much calcium-clogged him up), he ate and then went to his log house and has stayed there. Is he too cool? Do baby sulcatas sleep alot even in the day time??? Vet said to use newspaper as substrate but read on this site to use sand and mulch/moss. He has a sand pile to climb on and some rocks too as well as flat pile of rocks. I change his diet- he gets turnip greens and kale one day, grass with hay , hibiscus flowers and leaves frequently.. Am I being a worry wort cuz he sleeps alot??

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum....

Newspaper is not good as a substrate, I also do not use sand but some do.

I also think your hatchling may be too cold...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

You got a hatchling huh? What Kind? We can help with most anykind of tortoise/turtle isssues, but 1st we need to know what you have and how you keep it. PICS HELP ALOT!!! with pics, even if you dont know the type of tortoise/turtle you have, we will and then we'll beable to give the RIGHT advice because they are ALL kept differantly

Status
Not open for further replies.