New thread for pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I wanted to add these to the thread of "show off your tort pictures", but it seemed like there was so many there now...so I just started a new thread. I hope that is alright.

This is one of my box turtles eating wild blueberries.
23rlrbt.jpg

This is the beakless baby trying to eat grated zucchini
he's not too good at eating
5koi1h.jpg

This guy thinks he's king of the mountain
2qd0gf4.jpg

I hope you all enjoy them...
Bob stays in the doorway of his sleeping box impatiently waiting for breakfast...
10qfjac.jpg

Yum food!!!
2uprevt.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very nice pictures Maggie.
Your torts & turtle are beautiful. Bob looks great :) I love the pic where he is waiting for you :D, so cute.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow Maggie I didn't know that you had that many tortoises. How many do you have? They are very good looking. Candy

M

Maggie Cummings

When I first moved here to Oregon 3 years ago, I brought almost 50 tortoises and turtles with me. I have been taking some down to my sister regularly to find better homes for. Last month I took 10 or 11 down to her. Now I just have 4 tortoises, a small colony of box turtles, 2 water turtles, 2 cats, 1 beta fish and a pushy loud mouthed bird. Most of my chelonia are missing beaks, limbs or eyes. I have a totally blind Ornata and a 6 year old that is severely deformed and has to be hand fed. Another is missing a rear leg. I have a 2-legged pond turtle named Wobbles, Scruffie a dog chewed RES, and a one eyed fat Russian tort named Natasha. I was really unhappy to take that last batch down to her and now I just don't have anything to do...and the worst part is that I really really miss them...
My tortoises are all getting paranoid because I can hardly wait for somebody to poop so I can clean it up...lol... which reminds me...Bob has probably pooped by now so I'd better rush out there and wash the floor...:D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
maggie3fan said:
When I first moved here to Oregon 3 years ago, I brought almost 50 tortoises and turtles with me. I have been taking some down to my sister regularly to find better homes for. Last month I took 10 or 11 down to her. Now I just have 4 tortoises, a small colony of box turtles, 2 water turtles, 2 cats, 1 beta fish and a pushy loud mouthed bird. Most of my chelonia are missing beaks, limbs or eyes. I have a totally blind Ornata and a 6 year old that is severely deformed and has to be hand fed. Another is missing a rear leg. I have a 2-legged pond turtle named Wobbles, Scruffie a dog chewed RES, and a one eyed fat Russian tort named Natasha. I was really unhappy to take that last batch down to her and now I just don't have anything to do...and the worst part is that I really really miss them...
My tortoises are all getting paranoid because I can hardly wait for somebody to poop so I can clean it up...lol... which reminds me...Bob has probably pooped by now so I'd better rush out there and wash the floor...:D

They are really lucky to have you Maggie :) It is amazing to see you talk with passion about them and to see the love you have for them :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
maggie3fan said:
terryo said:
Great pictures ....wow...I got tired just reading your post Maggie. Take a rest!

You mean I post too much?

Nooooooooooo...lol. I mean you are working so hard with your torts. I LOVE your posts. I've learned so much in the past year or two. You said you can't wait for someone to poop so you can clean it up. So I said ...take a rest. lol..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
maggie3fan said:
terryo said:
Great pictures ....wow...I got tired just reading your post Maggie. Take a rest!

No, she meant you work too hard!! LOL!

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

terryo said:
maggie3fan said:
terryo said:

Nooooooooooo...lol. I mean you are working so hard with your torts. I LOVE your posts. I've learned so much in the past year or two. You said you can't wait for someone to poop so you can clean it up. So I said ...take a rest. lol..

No, I need another group of tortoises. I don't have enough to do, I miss my torts...anybody want to send me some?

baseballturtle48 said:
Wonderful pictures! The beakless baby is precious.

Thank you, he has now learned how to feed himself even tho his jaws don't match up...He's a clown and a real sweetheart

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
How many have you got now, just curious! I am sure that the two I've got now will keep me plenty busy!

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi Meg, once their fed there's nothing to do...Now I just have 4 tortoises, a small colony of box turtles, 2 water turtles, 2 cats, 1 beta fish and a pushy loud mouthed bird.
It's raining/snowing here so it's too uky to go outside for any length of time... altho I did go out and use that long weed scraping thing while the ground is still mushy from all the rain. I don't know what it's called, it has a long handle and the tool is kinda square and you scrape the weeds with it. I like to keep my flower beds free of the grass patches...so I go out and scrape...

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Thanks for sharing the family pictures Maggie! I'm jealous of your colony, even if it's decreased. I'm only allowed the one tort.

M

Maggie Cummings

tortoisenerd said:
Thanks for sharing the family pictures Maggie! I'm jealous of your colony, even if it's decreased. I'm only allowed the one tort.

You're only allowed one tortoise? that's totally not cool...I'm sorry for that...having several is fun. Maybe not the 50 or so that I had before...but several at least...:) I want to get a Pyxis arachnoides, I want to branch out from desert tortoises to something more exotic...I did just have that Manouria and didn't care for her especially but I'm not sure why...so I'm searching the classifieds and trying to cash in all my soda cans to see if I have enough to buy a new tortoise...lol

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AWWWW MAggie I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your stories haha. I love any story atually. My fave pic is of the beakless baby, awwwww such a cutie man. And Bob ! You can see he has SUCH a personality on him! I'd love to get a tort that will grow that big, but will wait till we move back home to South Africa.

M

Maggie Cummings

I meant that I wanted to branch out from desert TYPE tortoises. I have Bob...desert type, I didn't do well with the Manouria and I don't know why. I certainly worked hard to set her up nicely (forest floor)... I think she just didn't like me...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.