New Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizacollings

5 Year Member
I just got a 1 month old sulcata and I generally feed my little man timothy hay and orchard grass mixed with carrot broccoli zucchini I ect. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on feeding and calcium supplements

image-2863061636.png

Stellah would appreciate it

Deac77

5 Year Member
Well I feed spring mix with mustard greens and collard greens with tomatoes for a treat and they have access to wheat grass and hay at all times

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Click the links in my signature for several threads that will help you. Most babies won't eat dry hay, and carrots, broccoli and zucchini are not good foods for them. N the care sheet are a bunch of food suggestions, but weeds and grasses from a safe source are best. Leafy greens from the store are okay too. There is a ton of good stuff you can feed them.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Also try some yellow squash and hibiscus flowers. Bowser LOVES them!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Spring Mix salad is better. wet it down and sprinkle your supplement on it. Sunshine is a must too!
If that pic is the enclosure... I think its already time for taller walls! :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Arguably, the most perfect food is cactus (Opuntia). It is high in fiber and the calcium:phosphorous ratio is perfect. If you have to feed store-bought items...then the top of the list should be escarole and endive. You can also buy the Santa Barbara Mix prepared salad that contains both endive and escarole as well as radicchio. Hibiscus, poppy, rose and daisy petals are GREAT too...especially African daisies...and gazania tops them all! Another thing to keep in mind...offer a pumpkin in the fall...grind up a portion with seeds in a food processor...the contents of the seeds are a great wormer...and it's great roughage too!

And, of course, there's this concoction...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-TORTOISE-LASAGNE#axzz22W9uI7ye

or this one...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-TORTOISE-MEATBALLS#axzz22W9uI7ye

tizacollings

5 Year Member
Laura said:
Spring Mix salad is better. wet it down and sprinkle your supplement on it. Sunshine is a must too!
If that pic is the enclosure... I think its already time for taller walls! :)

No he has a 175 gallon tank. He was just playing outside :)

Status
Not open for further replies.