New Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletania

5 Year Member
oh ok...didnt' realise that. I shall get some of the peet moss asap. Thanks for that. I checked this Am and the humidity is up so i got that sorted. Now the bedding. Thanks again.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Turtletania:

Welcome to the forum!!

turtletania

5 Year Member
Thanks Yvonne.... i am new to Sulcata's but have had the others for quite sometime.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Welcome to the group! I would drop your temperatures just a tad...offer more like a range of 75 to 100 instead of 85 to 110. Torts need a chance to cool down. What is your night temperature? I'd suggest somewhere between 65 and 75. Good luck!

turtletania

5 Year Member
I have the humidity in total check now....... It helps that I live in a very humid country. We are right on the equator so humidity outside is constant... just sorting the inside now. Cant get the peet moss though. I have tried. Can I just use soil instead? I saw someone elses pics and it looked like normal soil...is it? ( I can get untreated soil here - no chemicals!)

M

Maggie Cummings

It's called sphagnum moss, and it's not a soil it's a soft fluffy stuff you would put in the hide and keep it moist.
BTW I don't allow my nighttime temps drop below 75 degrees. You risk a resp infection when you do that using a moist soil. It is my personal preference in keeping Sulcata that I keep them warm and don't let them get as cool as is popular...and I don't get a URTI with my babies using that practice...

turtletania

5 Year Member
Thanks Maggie... i will ask at the few stores around here. Hopefully I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.